Our Mission Team
The Mission Team
We are "Missionary Disciples" sent to spread the Word of God. We support the Catholic Life of our School. We lead and set the example of the 5 W's making sure we uphold our school's mission statement.
We meet every week to discuss and plan activities, lead worship and organise events.
Our Chaplaincy Team is led by Miss Kellett.
The 5ws and the Mission Team
Welcome – We WELCOME everyone into our school and community. Each day begins with prayer as we welcome Our Lord to be with us that day.
Word – We will remember the WORD of God each day as we are learning having fun and playing.
Worship – We will WORSHIP confidently each day as we carry on in our daily lives and thank God in our prayers for all we think, do and say.
Welfare – We will look after the WELFARE of each other by caring, sharing and showing we can do something positive each day.
Witness – We will WITNESS Jesus in our lives each day as we treat each other as we want to be treated.
- Led whole school worship on a weekly basis - The Meaning of Jesus' teachings and at the start of different times in the liturgical year.
- Introduced weekly mission team awards for children who have been "caught" following Jesus' teachings. We are involved in peer pastoral care on the school yard.
- Produced our own prayer card
- Made cards for the Parish at Easter and Christmas
- Raised money for charity - Caritas and St. Josephs Penny
- Sold poppies to the pupils in school and community
- Helped at Mass on Sundays
- Read bidding prayers at our special school Masses
- Led prayers in all classes around school
- Created a prayer intentions box
- Help with the children who are on the sacramental programme.
- Started a monthly prayer group
- We welcomed parents on open days and parents evenings to help with the welcome of all the community
We have also thought of how we can work together. The following are our five top tips to help us be a successful Mission Team!
· Include everyone when making decisions.
· Listen to each other’s ideas.
· Communicate with all the team members, school and Parish.
· Encourage everyone when making decisions, to share their ideas and try their best.
· Lead by example: be nice everyone especially people you don’t get on with.
In 2016 the special Year of Mercy was our central focus. In 2017 we developed our roles further and created the prayer garden. In 2018 we are hoping to continue our brilliant work and develop our wonderful ideas even more!
If you have any ideas that you wish to share with us then please let us know.
To become a member of the Mission Team we had to do the following:
· Apply for the job by completing an application form stating why we were suitable for the job and why we wanted it.
· We were then interviewed by Miss Kellett and the current Mission Team.