Our Mission Team
Our Mission Team is to serve and support the Catholic Life of the School so that we live as witnesses to Jesus Christ. When children become part of the Mission Team in Year 5, they remain as Mission Team members as they move into Year 6 and are included in the recruitment and training of the new Year 5 Mission Team members. They can easily be recognised by the school community because they will wear a special Mission Team badge on their jumpers.
The role of the Mission Team is to:
• Give joyful witness of Christ in our school – missionary disciples.
• Provide support for staff in the delivery of the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all pupils across the curriculum.
• Help with the delivery and development of the sacramental provision for the whole school.
• Help with pastoral care of pupils.
• Assist with the delivery and development of the prayer life of the school by supporting and delivering assemblies, class prayer times and prayer groups.
• Develop and lead retreat experiences for staff and pupils.
• Develop the use of the chapel/prayer room/ sacred spaces or areas
• Be present at parents’ and open evenings to help with the welcome of all the community.
• Develop outreach work and supporting local, national and international charities e.g. Caritas Diocese of Salford, CAFOD; working for change and being the change makers.
• Be ambassadors for the school in school, in the parish and in other schools.
The current members of our Mission Team are:
Year 5 - Oliver, Joseph, Ellie-May, Esther, Leo
Year 6 - William, Eleanor, Pearce, Maisie
Our Current Mission
Our latest 'mission' has been to support the local charity 'Nightsafe' who are a local Charity set up in 1990 by a group of local people, with the aim of alleviating the plight of homeless and vulnerably housed young people within the borough of Blackburn with Darwen and surrounding areas.
This Advent we have been collecting lots of items for Nightsafe to support the young homeless people. Thank you for all of your support this year.