Class teacher vacancy
Grade : MPS 2-5
Perm / Temp: Temporary
Required: from September 2021 to sept 2022
Closing date: 11/05/2021
St Mary’s RC Primary School, Longsight Road
Tel: 01254 812543
School website: https://www.smrc.lancs.sch.uk/
We are looking to appoint an outstanding and enthusiastic teacher who will work well as part of the school team. The post is for a full-time teacher who will teach in either KS1 or KS2 initially temporary but with the opportunity to be permanent in the future.
We believe in developing all our staff to the highest standard and a commitment to undertake CPD is essential. We have a vibrant ethos and a commitment to provide the best education for all our young people.
We would also be interested in the successful candidate having a SENCO role, if they meet the additional criteria set out in the job description they would be given a TLR 2a and 1 afternoon per week out of class to carry out this role.
However, this is not an essential requirement for the post.
St Mary’s RC Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, information is found below.
The post is fixed term 12 months with a view to becoming permanent.
* Closing date is Tuesday 11th May 2021
* Shortlisting is Wednesday 12th May * Lesson observations Wednesday 19th May & Thursday 20th May
* Interviews Friday 21st May
Please note CVs are not accepted, to apply for this vacancy you need to complete the CES application form, recruitment monitoring, form & rehabilitation of offenders form. All can be found below.
For an informal discussion please contact: Maria Coulthard Headteacher
For any further information please contact the school office for an informal discussion on 01254 812543
Equal Opportunities statement
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community
Rehabilitation The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS's Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Lancashire County Council has a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available below
- Commitment to Safeguarding
Commitment to Equality & Diversity
Commitment to Health & Safety
- Teaching experience in key stage 1 & 2
- Class teaching across more than one Key Stage
- Experience of working with SEND children
- The ability to use ICT effectively as a tool for teaching, learning and administration
- Experience as a subject leader across the school
- Experience of using assessment for learning
- Evidence of recent continuing professional development
- An interest in leading English would be desirable but not essential.
If you wish to be considered for the SENDCo TLR the SENDCo essential criteria must be met
- An understanding of/commitment to equal opportunities and equity in education
- Experience of leadership of curriculum planning and monitoring progress of pupils with SEND
- Experience of and commitment to working in partnership with all school stakeholders, including parents/carers, LA and external agencies
- Have a clear understanding of SEND legislation and best practice and its delivery throughout the curriculum
- Experience of using SEND specific assessment materials
Proposed Interview Date:
Application forms are returnable to
The Headteacher c/o the School. firstname.lastname@example.org